When the gym is just not an option.
There are simple ways to get in some more exercise throughout the day whether you’re running errands, at home, traveling, at work or at school. Just walking more can be a great way to improve your health.
5 Simple Ways to Fit In More Exercise Every Day
- Walking to and from work, your appointments or school whenever you can.
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator next time around.
- If taking the bus or train, you can get off one stop early and walk the rest of the way.
- If driving, you can park your car as far as you can and walk the rest of the way and back to your car.
- If you’re home a lot, you can practice walking around, running in place, push ups or walking up and down the stairs as much as you can.
Support groups: Find a Meetup fitness group near you.
Keep in mind that it is very important to check with your doctor first before starting any new exercise or physical activity routine.
Talk to your doctor or health care provider for more information.
If you don’t have a doctor, find a health center near you.
Page last reviewed: March 07, 2017 Page last updated: March 08, 2017